Last updated on November 22nd, 2023 at 04:59 pm
In New York City, incidents involving construction sites happen often. In actuality, the New York City Department of Buildings reports that more than 3,000 injuries were caused by construction in 2021. These mishaps have the potential to be deadly. It is crucial to consult with a knowledgeable New York construction accident attorney if you have suffered injuries in a construction accident.
What is a construction accident?
A construction accident is any accident that occurs on a construction site. This includes accidents involving falls, machinery, scaffolding, and other hazards. Construction accidents can cause a variety of injuries, including broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. In some cases, construction accidents can be fatal.
What are the common causes of construction accidents?
There are many common causes of construction accidents. Some of the most common causes include:
- Falls: Falls are the leading cause of construction accidents. Falls can occur from scaffolding, ladders, and other elevated surfaces.
- Machinery: Machinery accidents can occur when workers are operating or working near machinery. These accidents can cause serious injuries, including amputations and crush injuries.
- Scaffolding: Scaffolding accidents can occur when scaffolding collapses or workers fall from scaffolding. These accidents can be serious and even fatal.
- Other hazards: Other hazards that can cause construction accidents include electrical hazards, chemical hazards, and exposure to harmful substances.
What are the signs and symptoms of a construction accident injury?
The signs and symptoms of a construction accident injury can vary depending on the nature of the injury. However, some common signs and symptoms include:
- Pain: Pain is a common symptom of construction accident injuries. The pain may be localized to the area of the injury or it may be more widespread.
- Swelling: Swelling is another common symptom of construction accident injuries. Swelling can occur in the area of the injury or it may spread to other parts of the body.
- Bruising: Bruising is a common symptom of construction accident injuries. Bruising may be mild or it may be severe.
- Bleeding: Bleeding is a serious symptom of a construction accident injury. If you are bleeding from an injury, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
- Other symptoms: Other symptoms of construction accident injuries may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and confusion.
If I get injured in a construction accident, what should I do?
If you are injured in a construction accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention: The first thing you should do is seek medical attention. This will ensure that you are properly diagnosed and treated for your injuries.
- Report the accident: You should also report the accident to your employer. Your employer is required to report all work-related accidents to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Contact an experienced construction accident lawyer: An experienced construction accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options. They can also help you file a claim for workers’ compensation or personal injury damages.
What advantages come with working with a lawyer for construction accidents?
Instructing a construction accident attorney has several advantages. Some of the benefits include:
- Experience: An experienced construction accident lawyer will have the knowledge and experience to handle your case effectively.
- Resources: An experienced construction accident lawyer will have access to the resources necessary to investigate your case and obtain the evidence you need to win your case.
- Advocacy: An experienced construction accident lawyer will be your advocate throughout the legal process. They will fight for your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Where can I find a construction accident lawyer?
There are many ways to find a construction accident lawyer. You can ask friends or family for recommendations, search online, or contact a bar association or legal aid organization.
If you have been injured in a construction accident, it is important to speak with an experienced New York construction accident lawyer. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.